Wednesday, April 27, 2011

feeling funky

this is how i have been feeling lately...funky. just a little funk, but still a FUNK. it is hard to pinpoint the origin of the funk as it is a build up of many funky things going on in my head, my home, my job...you get the idea. i pretty much feel like this guy:


card found here


luckily, i have the most wonderful family and friends who give me happiness and strength and calm (and don't judge me for being an emotional nut)
card found here


and a woman who i talk to a couple of times a month (ok fine, she is my therapist. if you don't have one, you should try it...addicting :)) who has helped me see how truly rare and precious it is to have people like this in life, who genuinely listen, care, and will go with you through anything, no matter how silly or serious.
card found here


she has also helped me see that i can take the strength that they give me and use that strength to do positive things for myself...my health, my happiness, my future.


card found here


so i will take this knowledge with me and will stop trying to convince myself that everything's fine, i will lean on my family and friends and not feel guilty about it, i will take some time to do something for me and to figure out what i need, and i will repeat this over and over until i actually follow through :)

No comments:

Post a Comment